A Brief History of London Hosiery Mills
London Hosiery Mills Limited was founded shortly after Holeproof, in 1915, and was located on Adelaide Street, just north of the C.P.R tracks. It was established by Mr R. L. Baker and started with only ten machines and about twenty employees. By 1930, the company had around three hundred employees, roughly the same number of machines, and had the capacity to make one thousand dozen pairs of stockings a day. In 1971 the company was purchased by J.G. Fields Ltd and in 1984 the factory relocated to Stratford, Ontario. The factory was eventual demolished in 1987.